Before I get into what is so epic about the number 457 – I’d really like to say congratulations to one of Mrs Goat’s and my dearest friends, Brice Hancock. For several years now Brice has been the owner/operator of The Toad Tavern in Littleton, and was a member of the band Rubber Planet. Brice announced on FB today that he’s sold TTT. This Saturday is his last official day as owner. He’s moving to the Evergreen/Conifer area, where he’ll work at the local H&R Block office with his Dad, and sell real estate. Congrats buddy 🙂
Ok – so wtf is so epic about 457 … I launched this blog in March of 2010. ON Jan 2, 2011 this blog saw 368 unique page views in one day. That record had not been challenged until yesterday, when the blog post “Sad News :(” drove the page views straight out of the atmosphere. WOW.
In a subsequent post, “ok – HOLD THAT ORDER” I outlined what was up. Here’s the outline:
On Nov 30, I determined I no longer had sufficient funds to maintain The Colorado Sound Live365. I emailed Live365 to inquire about options for canceling my contract.
On Dec 1, Live365 informed me first that they had canceled my contract (hence the first blog post), and then emailed me back several hours later to inform me we could not sever our relationship because I was under contract until March 31 (hence the second corrective blog post – HOLD THAT ORDER).
In that post, I announced that I needed to raise $1200 to keep The Colorado Sound Live365 fully funded thru the end of March. Fully funded is not exactly the full truth, however, as fully funded would mean I actually make a bit of profit over all costs including my time. But close enough that at $300 a month it’s worth keeping it going, while working on other avenues of revenue to support it.
- This blog blew up … 457 unique page views in one day … are you kidding me?! WOW
- Contributions came in (at this moment we’re up to $280 and growing)
- The station did NOT advance one bit … 9 streams started with an avg listening time of 12 mins – and one of those streams was mine for the hour I was at the gym.
- Listen to The Colorado Sound Live365
- Share The Colorado Sound Live365 by embedding it in your website or by sharing it with your friends at FB and Twitter
- Make a donation to keep The Colorado Sound Live365 streaming the Best in Colorado Music 1960-today. The goal to keep it on the air from now til March 31 is $1200. Donations can be made by sending to email@example.com (PayPal) or by using the Fundrzr app … http://goo.gl/sUGlb … Advertising/underwriting opportunities do exist across all my platforms.