April 01, 2023 – Once again you rocked the site! More of you visited more pages in March 2023 than in any March since 2015. Much love!
Every Sunday I survey over a dozen community/public and college stations, which includes spins on the Colorado playlist.
The monthly survey period is from the first week ending with a Saturday (Feb 26-March 04) through the last week ending with a Saturday (March 19-25). Yearly spins are pulled and calculated from December through the next November.
The annual new release year begins in November, although there are some released in October that make the cut. I track all titles for a full calendar year from the official date of release.
Titles are linked to its respective YouTube page.
Spin data pulled from the Colorado Playlist, 105.5 The Colorado Sound, Indie 102.3, 88.9 KRFC and ten other stations that use playlist generator Spinitron, offering search functions for artists and agents to track airplay.
You can almost always expect a nationally known band to debut (D) high up on the charts .. for MARCH that’s *the Wood Brothers.
*The Wood Brothers are not, specifically speaking, a locally based band. The Boulder raised Chris and Oliver Wood, aka *The Wood Brothers, are in the #COMUSIC conversation in much the same way as *Shovels and Rope, one-half of which is Denver raised Michael Trent. Chris, Oliver and Michael all grew up here, but moved after high school to pursue music full time elsewhere. Hence the * in front of their names.
I include Colorado expats living elsewhere in my tracking, as long as they were born and/or raised here, or got their career started here or there is some other reason to include them. So the new *The Wood Brothers get counted in my tracking along with Leftover Salmon cofounder and Colorado Music Hall of Fame inductee, *Vince Herman, who now lives in Nashville. His solo debut, Enjoy the Ride, gets counted as part of #COMUSIC.
TOP 20 MARCH 2023
(D) 1. *THE WOOD BROTHERS – Heart Is the Hero LP (Apr-23)
(D) 2. DANI JAY – Nice 2 Meet Me EP (Dec-22)
(D) 2. DEVA YODER – Be Well LP (Feb-23)
(–) 3. BRIANA HARRIS – When We’re Found LP (Sep-22)
(D) 4. ROBOT TENNIS CLUB – If These Walls Could Talk, You Wouldn’t Listen LP (Jan-23)
(D) 5. LU LAGOON – When Birds Fly West LP (Apr-23)
(11) 6. VOLORES – Ages LP (Mar-23)
(D) 7. AUTUMNAL – Girl At A Party SINGLE (Dec-22)
(D) 7. EVA ROSE KING – Over Chicago SINGLE (Feb-23)
(18) 8. BEVIN LUNA – Madison and Angelus LP (Jun-22)
(D) 9. DEVYN RAE – Ghost SINGLE (Dec-22)
(D) 10. DANIEL RODRIGUEZ – Vast Nothing LP (Mar-23)**
(D) 11. VIRGI DART – Te Vi y No Me Mori SINGLE (Nov-22)
(D) 12. HALEY HARKIN – To Heal Her Too LP (Jan-23)
(8) 12. JULIAN FULCO PERRON – In My Garden LP (Nov-22)
(D) 13. LOKANA – Forever Blue SINGLE (Nov-22)
(D) 13. MIRANDA FLING – Call You SINGLE (Dec-22)
(15) 13. WILDERMISS –W.I.F.I. SINGLE (Aug-22)
(–) 14. JOHNNY & THE MONGRELS – Magnolia and Pine LP (Dec-22)
(D) 14. REBECCA FOLSOM – Sanctuary LP (Mar-23)
(D) 14. THE DESERT FURS – Existing Just for Fun SINGLE (Feb-23)
TOP 20 2023 (Dec-March)
(1) 1. EUFORQUESTRA – While We Still Got Time LP (Jun-22)**
(2) 2. ALYSIA KRAFT – First Light LP (Jun-22)
(4) 3. JULIAN FULCO PERRON – In My Garden LP (Nov-22)
(3) 4. ELEKTRIC ANIMALS – Channels EP (May-22)
(5) 5. TRAVIS MCNAMARA – Moon Calendar LP (Mar-23)
(8) 6. *VINCE HERMAN – Enjoy the Ride LP (Nov-22)
(15) 7. BEVIN LUNA – Madison and Angelus LP (Jun-22)
(–) 7. BRIANA HARRIS – When We’re Found LP (Sep-22)
(6) 8. THE LUMINEERS – Brightside LP (Jan-22)
(7) 9. MIKE CLARK & THE SUGAR SOUNDS – Moon Rock LP (Mar-22)
(10) 10. STILLHOUSE JUNKIES – Small Towns LP (Sep-22)
(14) 11. WILDERMISS –W.I.F.I. SINGLE (Aug-22)
(9) 12. TENNIS – Pollen LP (Jan-23)
(11) 13. MOJOMAMA – We Are One LP (Jun-22)
(D) 14. *THE WOOD BROTHERS – Heart Is the Hero LP (Apr-23)
(12) 15. IZCALLI – Rebirth LP (Jul-22)
(D) 15. VOLORES – Ages LP (Mar-23)
(-) 16. MUSKETEER GRIPWEED – Long Past Time LP (Sep-22)
(D) 17. DANIEL RODRIGUEZ – Vast Nothing LP (Mar-23)**
(16) 18. GASOLINE LOLLIPOPS – Nightmares LP (Oct-22)
** serviced to media by Rocky Mountain Music Network LLC