89.1 FM KHOL Jackson Hole Community Radio is a local, non-profit, commercial free, radio station whose mission is to engage and connect the community through volunteer radio programming. KHOL serves Teton County, Wyoming with an eclectic mix of music, local news and public affairs programming. KHOL seeks a Station Manager to provide leadership and vision, who is serious about innovative, high-quality, community based programming.
The Station Manager is responsible and accountable for overall administration, personnel,programming, financing, technical operations and public relations of the station. Working with the staff, the Board of Directors, and the community, The Station Manager is responsible for monitoring and guiding the station. The Station Manager supervises a team comprised of staff and volunteers in the administration of all station operations, including programming, human resources, budgeting, fundraising, long-term planning and FCC compliance. The Station Manager will report to the Board of Directors.
Financial Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Supervises the preparation of the station’s annual budget for Board review andapproval.
• Maintains the fiscal integrity of the station through membership/fundraising activities, budget management, and compliance with KHOL policies and practices.
• Prepares revenue and expense reports ensuring that the station maintains a balanced budget.
• Ensure transmitter function & compliance with all necessary local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Protects and maintains station facilities and signal, internet broadcast stream and all broadcast equipment and station assets.
• Maintains and ensures the station’s compliance with all FCC rules and regulations, including the station’s broadcast license and the public file.
• Ensure program content complies with all necessary state and Federal laws, regulations, and requirements as well as KHOL programming policies and requirements.
• Establish, maintain, and review programming goals are in line with KHOL’s mission and goals.
• Oversee technical broadcast operations, and program content, delivery, format, and schedule.
• Supervise development of strategies and plans for fundraising on- and off-air.
• Meet with donors as needed.
• Develops budgets and timelines for events as well as coordinating staffing.
A commitment to KHOL’s mission. Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience in related field in the public broadcasting, non-profit work, or related media. Candidate will possess excellent management skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively with paid and volunteer staff. Candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to lead an motivate staff and volunteers. Fundraising experience required.
This is a full-time management position. Annual salary DOE.
Email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Attn: Station Manager Search
PO Box 588
Jackson, WY 83001
DEADLINE: Open until filled.